Saturday 10 July 2021

Book binding card

This month the challenge at my NZ Swap group was a Book Binding Card.  Val gave a  couple of sites to visit to get an idea on how to make this fold.   It is really nice and easy to do.  

For my card I grab a pack of patterned paper that has New Zealand inspired papers and I used the matching Ephemera pack.  They are made by a company called Uniti available here at the Warehouse. 


I made my card a top folding card.  I used two different papers, and added a punched border and gold ribbon along the folded area.  I die cut a circle from white card and added the ephemera on top.   I finshed with a little die cut sentiment that is by Taylored Expressions.  My blog friend Linda W sent me a couple of these stamped and die cut sentiments (Thanks Linda)  

Here are a couple more pics 
 
This side view shows the book binding aspect of the card


And I used the paper I had trimmed the top peice off as my inside.

Not my usual CAS style but I had so much fun using up some of my extensive stash of patterned paper.  

Today (Saturday) - hubby was off to watch some of the local rugby teams playing so I had some play time... two new stencils arrived yesterday.... so a bit of sampling done and I got my Card Chain Challenge card ready to be post off on Monday.  And tomorrow, the hubster is off to the horse races with a group of his mates.  They are heading to Te Aroha (about 2 1/2 hrs south)  He is driving them in a mini bus.  So more ME time!!!!  Hope you get to enjoy some YOU time over the weekend. 

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

That's a stunning card Dawn, and I am loving having on my display board!! Sounds like a great weekend for you with hubby getting all sporty, you can get crafty :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

such a unique card - and really pretty - enjoy your crafty weekend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun design, Dawn - I'll have to check out the tutorial. Just love the papers you used and the sentiment I sent looks amazing with them!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn and a lovely design, I love the papers and Ephemera, beautiful colours..if my husband ever said to me he was off to the races I would have paid for the petrol to get ME time, hope you had a fabulous time crafting and enjoying what you love..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Beautiful paper & that fold makes for such a great card! Really lovely, Dawn!