Tuesday 13 July 2021

Baby cards

One of my friends asked me to make a baby card for the son of another friend.  He and his partner had a little girl a little while ago.   So I made two cards for her to chose from. 

First card (the one she chose)


I saw a sketch on the web that I used for the base of my card.  It had a circle which I changed to an oval.  I used Gina K Master Layouts 1 to cut the oval and layer.  I stmaped the Elephants from Uniquely Creative's Hey Mama set onto some watercolour paper and used Altenew's Woodless watercolour pencils to add the colour.  I used the matching dies to cut Mama and Baba out.  The gingham paper was added to a pink punched edging.  I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment directly onto the gingham piece.  A few pink enamal dots finished off my card. 

Second card.

For this card I started with sweet Patterned paper.  I then cut the circle and scallopped circle from Spellbinders.  My little bear is from Docrafts -Mini Thinking of You.  I use Uniti alcohol pens to colour my bear and then took a nubbly rag and some of the colourless blender to give the texture of fur.   I fussy cut it out and added to the layered circle.  I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiments directly over the patterned paper.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I had my first COVID immunisation yesterday.  The jab site is a little tender but other than that, I'm feeling good. 

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn - I like them both, but that top one is super sweet
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Baby cards Dawn, both are really cute. We have been double vaccinated here in the UK but unfortunately cases are rising again. Seems New Zealand has got it just right, stay safe .

Betty said...

both adorable but i love the little elephants the most!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable baby cards, Dawn! Just love the sweet elephant pair & the texture on your teddy bear!!

Chrissy said...

The mama and baby elephant is so cute, such a lovely Baby girl card..and your little Bear is adorable and love the papers..

luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Super cute cards, Dawn! I really love how you colored the elephants! Hurrah for getting the vaccine! So sad it's available here & so many people refuse to get it! Hubby will probably cancel his upcoming trip across the country thanks to low vaccination rates & the Delta variant. We no longer worry about getting hospitalized or dying, but we don't want the virus at all & no vaccine is 100% effective.