Sunday 25 July 2021

Tone on Tone Birthday Wishes

 It's my turn to share at Die Cut Divas. Our sponsor this month is Birch Press Design who will be giving our winner a $20 gift certificate. 


I was lucky that my Teamie, Arlene, send me some Birch Press die cuts - String Art Frame.  Today I have a Twofer using one the frames..

Card 1

I started by jnking up my card base - using all four inks in the Altenew Warm and Cozy set.  I then took the frame die and using the darkest ink (Firebrick) used my mini blending brush to colour it up.  I did this over some white card and got a bonus background.  I added the frame over my card base, and then used a circle stamp and sentiment from Gina K's Wreath Builder set.  A few little gold gems finished my card....

Card 2

This is how I used my bonus background


Loved the look of the background.  I stamped one of the Dovetail Butterflies from Altenew in the Firebrick ink and Obsidan black ink.  I used the matching die cut and added it with some 3D tape to the card.    I used the same orange as my card base to die cut the Birthday sentiment from Paper Roses.  I used vellum for it's shadow layer and then did a bit of stamp surgery on a sentiment from Altenew's Sentiment Strip set.   A few little black gems and it's done.

Our challenge goes on until the 31 July - come and join us at Die Cut Divas.

6 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Two great cards Dawn, love the butterfly.

SarahR said...

Those are wonderful cards, Dawn - love the die cuts - very sophisticated and the butterfly is beautiful. Sarah

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two orange beauties with that string art frame, Dawn! Just love how you featured the sentiment with all the gems on card one and the butterfly on card two!!

Greta said...

Oh how great to get the bonus background! Both cards are really neat, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, these are amazing - love your use of the colours/inks and the stencil to get a twofer.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

two wonderful cards - so fun!