Tuesday 17 August 2021

A bit of Christmas - 4 Christmas cards

 Hi there.   Over the last few days I've made some Christmas cards for a few challenges and some just for fun.  

First up is a  card I made for Let's Squash It challenge.  The challenge is Not Paper, Not Card.

I took a piece of vellum and used a Christmas word folder.  I wrapped it around some dark red card stock.  I used a lighter red card and some dark green card together with a Hero Arts Poinsettia stamp and matching die cut to make my flower.  I layered the red panel onto some dark green then onto my white card, 

Second one was for the challenge at Christmas Kickstart.  Jo and Gail provided a beautiful photo inspiration. 


I took my inspiration from the brightly coloured tree.  

My tree came from a magazine freebie stamp set.  I took some patterned paper to add to my mini slimline and stamped the tree.  Then I took some Nuvo drops and 3D Liquid pearls and added lots of blobs and dots.  I gold embossed the sentiment from the stamp set. 

My next two cards were just for fun. 

la

Playing with my setncil again.  This time I blended my desert scene and stamped the Bethlehem stamp (from a NZ company Montarga Stamps) - It went a bit wonky but I was happy with the results.  Add the sentiment along the bottom.  I used pencils to colour in the rest of the stencil and added Wink of Stella all over.  

And finally using a fun fold I used recently. 


I made the cuts on my card and then added my patterned papers.  I used three different sheets of paper. Two for the backgrounds and the other one to cut out Father Christmas.  I then used a die to cut out the big Christmas and stamped the little Merry. 

thanks for getting to here... I know it's a big post.   

Things here in NZ have taken a turn for the worst.  We've got a case of Covid in the community so the whole country has gone into Level 4 lockdown.  Here in Auckland and in the Coromadal Peninsula,  it's for 7 days - rest of the country it's for 3 days.   The case has no links to the border or managed isolation so we are just waiting to see if there are more.  So working from home for the next week.  

Take care out there people.  

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Dawn - love the embossing on vellum - that is a stunner! The final one with the corner flip fold is fabulous
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Vicky Hayes said...

You really are cracking on with those Christmas cards Dawn! I love the look of the embossed vellum on the first and the brightly embellished tree on the second. I love the variety of scenes I'm seeing in that gorgeous bauble stencil and it's always lovely to see a very traditional design too. Vicky x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards Dawn and so great to get ahead..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Betty said...

wow-great set of cards, Dawn - love the poinsettia and vellum together!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Four fabulous Christmas cards, Dawn! Just love them all but especially that colorful tree!!

creationsnz said...

You have been a busy bunny Dawn. My fave has to be the one with the vellum - beautiful. Stay safe. CarolG

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Christmas creations all of them. LOVE that lush palette on the last one, but they're all gorgeous. Hope you're staying safe and making the most of these lockdown days. Hugs, Wends xoxo

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Dawn you have been busy, love your collection of Christmas cards. Stay safe during your lockdown.

Greta said...

Great variety of cards, Dawn! Really love the fun fold card & the bauble tree is super fun!