Saturday 28 August 2021

Three more 3D embossing cards.

 I'm catching up with my homework for The Magic of 3D Embossing at Altenew  Academy.  Today I have three cards to share. 

Day 3- Heat Embossing.

Well, this day caused me a real struggle.  I didn't have any suitable folders like Laurel used - so improvised.  Laurel inked up her folder with embossing inks and embossed, then did some ink blending... three attempts later and I gave up!  So improvised - embossed a white card, rubbed Versamark over the raised areas and sprinkled over Rose Gold powder.

 
I then used some purple inks to blend over in a resist technique.( Day 5 - ink blending)  Use one of the All About You word dies - shadow cut from vellum and the you from Rose Gold card stock.  This one I have added a sympathy sentiment inside and will be sending it to a friend who Mother passed away the other day. 

Day 4 - Jazzing it up.  

Laurel gave us lots of ideas for "jazzing it up".  


I chose to emboss onto black card and then took a white pigment ink pad and rubbed it over the embossing.   In real it has a pale blue tinge.  I added a little sentiment from Sentiment Strips 2.  Super quick card.  

Day 5 - Ink Blending

Always a great was to add to your 3D embossing folders.  


This time I went for a very bright card.  Started with a yellow card embossed with the Daisies #D folder.  Then I took a variety of Altenew yellows and browns to add blending.  Use the mini tool for the yellows and then tiny brushes for the flower centres.   Finished it with the Bold Thanks die.  Cut the shadow in black and the letters in white.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend and stay safe.



4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with each of those embossing folders, Dawn - so pretty, especially the purple with gold!! LOL - I tried inking a 3D folder for an upcoming Diva post, not so great either!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the embossing folders Dawn - love the gold and purple, and the bright thanks card is a lovely one too
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

These are all beautiful, Dawn! I really love the look of adding the white ink!

creationsnz said...

Oh Dawn these are amazing. I love the ghostly effect on the middle one almost like a negative, and that touch of gold on the purple is masterful (or should that be mistressful?). CarolG