Thursday 2 September 2021

Card Swap with the Hero Arts Fan Scramble Facebook page.

Hi there.   I recently took part in a card swap over at the Hero Arts Fan Scramble Facebook page.  Our challenge was to use a Hero Arts stencil on our card.   I send my card to Karen in the US.


I used Hero Arts Leaf and Flourish Stencil with some Lilac ink from Altenew om the background of the white die cut panel (from Gina K Master Layouts 3)  My rose is an older wooden stamp called Antique Rose Stem.  I stamped it onto some watercolour paper  and then used Altenew Woodless Watercolour pecils to colour it in.  Of course, I used my favourite purples to make my card.   I fussy cut it out, added a gem in the middle and then added to my panel.   The sentiment is from the Colour Layering Orchid stamp set from Hero Arts.   It seems an age since I've played with my Hero Arts stamps, especially my wooden stamps.  I have a big storage box full of them.   I must get them out more often.  

Two weeks of our Level 4 lockdown here in Auckland has finished but another two weeks to go.  Covid cases in this outbreak are now up to 736 -  The rest of New Zealand has gone to leve 3 lockdown.  Still lots of restrictions - most still working from home - shops etc is all contactless click and collect or home delivery.  No big stores open.  No schools open.   But we will beat this!

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous flower, Dawn, and I love the soft stenciling behind it!!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Stay Safe .

HilaryJane said...

That stencil looks fabulous and is perfectly positioned behind your flower. Love you August CCC card too xx

creationsnz said...

Dawn, you are the queen of floral cards. YOu always do amazing work and here is another one with that lovely subtle background. CarolG

Greta said...

Nice background & beautifully colored flower!

Betty said...

lucky Karen to receive such a gorgeous card - love the soft background - keep safe - we are still wearing masks everywhere and distancing, but everything is open.