Sunday 5 September 2021

Not your usual Christmas colour

 Hi - Sunday evening here in NZ and I'm typing this while watching the All Blacks (our national rugby team) are playing Australia over in Perth.  At this stage - 25 mins into the second half, we are leading 28 - 12 however with still 15 minutes to go. Could go either way.

Anyhow, today I have a couple of Christmas cards to share that I have made this week.  First up is my Not Your Usual Christmas Colour card 

I think of traditional Christmas colours as red, green, gold.  Today I have gone for Teals and blues.   I had this Hero Arts Poinsettia stamp and die sitting on my desk and decided to stamp it onto some heavy weight vellum and white embossed it.  I coloured the reverse side with some Copic markers.  I chose a darker teal/blue stamped backgound I had in my "to be used" stack.  I did this one last year using a Catherine Pooler stamp and inks.  I made a about half a dozen backgrounds in a variety of colours.   My vellum flower seemed to sink into the background, so die cut some white card and added it behind.  The flower now popped off the card.  I cut the background with Gina K Master Layouts 2 and matted it with some bright teal card  I took a banner die from Master Layouts 2 and stamped and embossed the sentiment from Kaisercraft.  

My second Christmas card is using more traditional colours.... this time a nice green. 


My centre panel was made using Simon Hurley's craft foam - I heated the foam and pressed my Hero Arts Poinsettia stamp onto it. I then used Catherine Pooler Eucalyptus in to stamp onto my white card.  I trimed it and added to a white die cut panel (Gina K Master Layouts 4) I then layered the panel onto another of my plaid backgrounds.   I stamped the sentiment from a freebie set.  Noticed when I was photographing it, I didn't stamp the sentiment perfectly straight.   I added a few silver gems to finish.

Well the game is finished and we won... 38-21.  Good win for sure.  This game had to be posponed a bit due to NZ being in lockdown.  They had to isolate when they got to Perth, so the game was a week later than it should have been.   

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.  

 

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great to have a Bledisloe cup clean sweep!!
Wonderful cards Dawn - love that blue one, that really appeals
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that poinsettia, Dawn! Love it with the teal plaid behind and so cool pressed into the foam! Well done for your rugby team - we're still watching baseball but our football season also started!

Betty said...

love both of these, Dawn - but especially the turquoise one!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, lovely designs and love the stamp and die with the plaid..great technique on the second and love the colour..

Luv CHRISSYxx

creationsnz said...

Gorgeous! love the off-beat colour too. CarolG

Greta said...

Not usual colors, but beautiful! Second card is lovely, too!