Thursday 25 November 2021

Craft Your Life Project - Hello Beautiful.

 Hi.  I have two cards to share today using products from Altenew's Craft Your Life Project kit - Hello Beautiful   

First card uses the 3D Embossing Folder that came in the kit.  


I was a bit stressed yesterday - working from home can be a bit stressful at times... so during my 15 minute break I slipped into the craft room and threw this together.   I used some white card to emboss with the folder.  I then took my blending tools and used what ink was on them to lightly add colour to raised areas.  I added a little sentiment from the stamp set in the kit.   I love the mini slimline size. 

My second card uses stamps from the kit.  


This card took inspiration from a video from Natasha Foote...(here)  Her video was about framing an image.  I look one of the smaller floral stamps and stamped with black Obsidan ink and clear embossed it.  I then used Altenew Woodless Watercolour pencils and a paint brush to colour them in.  I then used a black fineliner pen to draw around it.  I matted it onto some gold card and then onto a dark brown cardbase.  Another of the small sentiments from the stamp set finished off the card.  

I've now had my hair cut.... finally.  First one since early July this year.  Much tidier now. 






6 comments:

Betty said...

lovely cards - cute haircut - love mini slimlines too!

Greta said...

Your haircut looks very smart! I love both your cards! I'm so impressed with your doodled frame--something I can't do!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn and fab haircut, during our first lockdown I went 4 months without a haircut, what a disaster my hair grows really quickly !!!. It was so good to visit the hairdresser again.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

You'll be so pleased to have your hair done now the heat is coming! Fabulous hun. Gorgeous creations, they're both stunning! The dry embossing on the top one is showcased so perfectly by your beautiful colour accents, two lovely creations hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looking good there with the new "do", Dawn! Beautiful cards too!!

creationsnz said...

Great CASEing Dawn, I do like your version with the gentle softness. CarolG