Wednesday 24 November 2021

Stencilled Leaves - Two ways

 Hi there.... Here in Auckland, we have gained a little bit more freedom... we can now visit shops but still no cafes or hospitality.  I had to go to the Post Shop to get some envelopes to send my overseas cards and I came across a crafting magazine.  It's over 9 months old but it was so good to get one.  It had two stamp sets and a stencil with it.   I love that there is always so much inspiration on how to use the goodies. 

I managed to get a couple of cards done... inspired by three different cards in the magazine.  I took ideas from them all to make these.

First up is one using a stencilling technique shown.... 


 For this technique, I blended Distress Oxide ink over my white card base.  With the stencil still in place I placed a wet wipe over it and ran it through my cuttlebug. Once you heat dry it, the leaves get more and more bleached looking.   Plus it feels like velvet.  I changed up the centre panel from inspiration card from a rectangle to an oval.  I stamped the leaves and fussy card some little buds - both from the stamp sets with the magazine.  

Second card was again inspired by one in the magazine.  That one was a larger 5" x 7" card - where I used an A2 US sized card.  


I used the stencil to make my two panels.  All my glitter gels had dried up so I thought I would try with some Kindyglitz glitter glue - and yes it worked.... It take a while to dry but loved how it turned out... just a little grungy.   I took the large leave stem and gold embossed it onto cream pearl card, white pearl card and heavy weight vellum.  I fussy cut - trimming the bottom 4 leaves so I could add them as a brunch onto a little bit of card before adding to the blue panel.  Added a gold bow.  I added the sentiment onto a blue circle with the gold embossing powder and added a vellum circle behind it. 

I had such fun trying out these different ways to use the stencil.  There were a couple more different techniques I want to try out as well.  

Tomorrow I'm off for a hair cut... first one since end of June...I have to show my Vaccine Pass to confirm I am double vaccinated, I have to sign in with the Covid Tracer and wear a mask, although I can take it off once I'm in the chair.  I can't wait to get it tidied up.  I want to keep it a bit longer but it does need shaping.  

Take care everyone.  

4 comments:

Betty said...

two wonderful cards, Dawn - will have to try that stencil technique and the gold card is absolutely gorgeous!

Greta said...

I'm with Betty--such a gorgeous gold card! Pure elegance! The first technique sounds interesting & sure came out great, so will have to try it. I'm scheduled for a haircut next week, too. Will feel good not to have so much hair!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love these both, that the golden one is really something special! Such gorgeous creations both hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

creationsnz said...

Super duper!! So elegant and lovely gentle sheen with the gold. CarolG