Sunday 12 December 2021

Red Florals for Christmas and a Birthday

 I saw the December challenge the Flower Challenge and knew what I wanted to do...

 


I have a few Christmas digital images from Gracielle Design and one is a hanging Poinsettia. A Christmas Hello set...

I printed the flower and the sentiment from the same set onto white card.  I used two of the dies from Pink Fresh Studio's essentials mini slimline card.  I used Copics to colour up the flower and and then added it to the red die cut frame and then onto the white mini slimline base.  I added some white pearls to the background florals.  A very CAS card for Christmas.  

This morning we had to pop into our Local Mitre 10 (hardware store) to get some hooks and screws to repair my wardrobe that collapsed yesterday... and while I was there I picked up some Valspar paint chips and chose reds and greens so I could do a red flower. 

I used Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D die to layer up the three colours of the paint chips.  The leaves are only one layer.  I used a Gina K Designs sentiment which was white embossed.  I added some white pearls to finish.  I used Gina K Master Layouts 2 to cut the black and white layers.  I added to a red top fold US A2 card base. 

Just one more week at work before I take my Christmas break.  I had planned to have been in Perth Australia this Christmas and took 4 weeks leave, but COVID put paid to that plan.  But I decided to still take the 4 weeks off and just relax.  We might go North for awhile to visit our friends.  The hard border around Auckland is being lifted on Wednesday night, and as we are both double vaxxed we can travel..  

Take care everyone.  


8 comments:

Betty said...

two gorgeous cards, Dawn - those paint chips certainly make a vibrant red flower - enjoy your holiday break!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful artsy poinsettia, Dawn, and I love the layered flower birthday card too!! Enjoy your leave - too bad about the trip to Perth though...

Greta said...

Enjoy your time off, even though you can't visit your family. Beautiful cards--love that hanging poinsettia! I should use my die set--love it in red & green!

CinnamonSally said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn , the poinsettia is so pretty and love your use of the paint chips! Enjoy your long holiday!

kiwimeskreations said...

Both cards are stunning Dawn - love your 'paint chip' flower - I have gradually accumulated a stash of chips, but had not thought to use them for die cutting.. a bit slow on the uptake!!
Enjoy your four weeks off, you will need it after the past year!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards, thanks for sharing one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

TaeEun said...

Two gorgeous creations! Love the bold colors! The hanging poinsettia looks like a cute ornament!Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!

creationsnz said...

Both great cards Dawn, the CAS one is stunning, and I like dark backgrounds as they show off colours so nicely. CarolG