Tuesday 14 December 2021

Altenew Christmas card swap - one stamp, two cards

 I recently took part in a swap for Altenew.  I send a card to Helen in the UK and Jeannet in The Netherlands.... so I decided that I would use one main stamp set - Festive Floral Frame with some sentiments. 

First up is the card for Helen.  This one was CASE'd from the stamp insert from the stamp set.  

I stamped part of the stamp set at each end of my card.  I used Altenew's Velvet Alcohol marker for the red and a Copic marker (YG67 Moss) for the green.  The sentiment for this one was from the Mini Christmas stamp.  A few red gems and a few gold ones to finish.

Card two went to Jeannet - this one was inspired by a card I saw by Therese Calvid 

I stamped the main image and then used some Altenew 36pan paints to colour it up. I used aquas and greens and added lots of water to make the colours seep/  Added lots of splatters.  Used a sentiment from Lyrcal Script stamp set - stamped in Obsidian ink and clear embossed.  Added a few flat sequins and added a bit of blue Nuvo drops on each one.  

I enjoyed using the same stamp set and doing different things with it.  

Thanks for stopping by... hope your Christmas preparations are going well.  Tree is up and presents are wrapped and underneath.  

6 comments:

Betty said...

two lovelies - but really like the second one - probably because i am "blue" person!

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous pair of cards, and great use of the stamp too! Love them both, but my favourite is the second one
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Two beauties Dawn, I love the deep red and also the water colouring off the stamp looks fabulous..

luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

So neat to see how different the same stamp can look! These are both really beautifully made, Dawn--lucky recipients!

creationsnz said...

Always great to see two different looks using the same materials. My fave is the blue one. CarolG

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning cards, Dawn - sorry I missed them earlier...