Wednesday 12 January 2022

The Gentleman Crafter - Card Sketch Challenge #1

 I recently received an email from The Gentleman Crafter telling me about a new Sketch Challenge he is running.  He has started a new Facebook page where you add your project (Here)  And here is his first challenge and sketch.  You can download a detailed sketch.  


I changed the size to 4.25" x 5.5" (John's card was 4" x 6")  

I trimmed my panels at 7/8" and matted with cream card stock which made their finished size 1".  My circle is 1.78".  I stamped the sentiment from a Gina K set (It's All You Mini) before cutting it out with the circle die (from a Gina K Master Layouts set)  I cut some dark green leaves from a Sizzix Thinlets set.  For my flowers I used some from Rosies Studio.  I layered two flowers together and added a pearl centre.   John used some pins on his card.  I like how they looked but don't have any so improvised by cutting a sliver of gold card and added a pink pearl on the top. 

I can see myself utilising this sketch again.  

Another stunning day here in Auckland.   I went and had my booster shot today and of course, a swim this afternoon.  The days of the holiday are coming to end.  Back to work on Monday.  I feel that it will be a work from home day, though!

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great sketch Dawn and you have used it fabulously!!
I had my booster just before Christmas... no problems at all, thankfully.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn.

Betty said...

lovely card, Dawn - enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Greta said...

How clever to make your own pins! Much better for mailing, too! Pretty card with that great sketch! Cases are soaring here, so even though people are generally not as sick, it's pretty worrisome. Especially if you need the hospital for another problem when beds are full & they're short staffed! Hoping this surge decreases soon!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn..I really really try to stay on the sketch track when card making and have to follow a sketch, but I'm afraid I wander off in my own direction and the sketch seems to vanish..love how you followed it perfectly.

Luv CHRISSYxx