Tuesday 11 January 2022

Watercoloured background

 Hi there.  I'm sharing another of the card I started when I was away.  


I had taken some watercolour paper I had purchased cheaply.... and found out why!  It was 180gsm - and not really the best but I did manage to add some watercolour paints to it.  Once it dried it didn't look too bad.   As it was very light colours, I was able to use the Altenew Craft your life - Hello Beautiful stamp and stencil set to add the flowers.  I used some black ink to add colour to white card to make the mat layer.  I finished it with a Taylored Expressions sentiment strip and some silver baubles. 

Today was another scorcher here in Auckland.  We went on another MG Club outing - this time to a vineyard for a luncheon. 





Once we got back and went for a swim.   It's now 9.50pm and it is still 21C.  A little bit warm!  I think sleeping tonight will be a bit hard.  

Take care everyone



4 comments:

Betty said...

I think your watercolored background looks lovely with the pretty stenciled flower, Dawn.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Dawn, despite the less that easy start with the el-cheapo paper. Love the wee hint of yellow on it - it almost seems to glow.
Looks as though you have had a wonderful few days with the club. yes, the days have been really rather warm, and the nights don't really cool all that much either, although we don't get the humidity that I remember in Auckland.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

What a pretty flower & card, Dawn! Looks like a beautiful area, but I wouldn't like the heat! Reminds me of our past summer that was way hotter than normal! I'm enjoying our winter, even the rainy days!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful background Dawn and love your flowers stamp and stencil colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx