Sunday 31 July 2022

Christmas Floral - how to adapt a non Christmas flower

Hi there - it's the last day of the month so it's time to share my card for Die Cut Divas. 


and our theme for the month is Christmas in July.

I don't have many Elizabeth Craft Designs stamps and dies, so came up with the idea of adapting what I had to make a Christmas card.  I have a lovely floral stamp and die set that I've had for a while.  It's called Flower Power (unfortunately now discontinued)  and I adapted it to make it a Christmas Flower. 



 

 I die cut the flower from watercolour paper before stamped it and used Altenew Woodless Watercolor pencils to make the centre portion red and the outer portion green - to look like a Poinsettia.  
I used Gina K master layouts to cut out a dark green panel which I gold embossed with a freebie sentiment.  I also used the dies to put some patterned paper.  I layered the panels and added some dimension by gluing two layers to the flowers and green panel.  A few gold baubles finished the card.  I really am pleased with how it turned out.  

There is still time to join our challenge.  Pop over here to add you Christmas projects.  Don't forget to use your die cut machine to die cut, emboss etc.  

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Dawn, and I do love how you have adapted the floral stamp to look like a poinsettia - great work!
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

This turned out really pretty, Dawn!

Cindy C. said...

Such pretty card, love how you used the 'non-Christmasy' floral die to make that beautiful Christmas bloom!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn,love how you adapted the flower, looks fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

I love using various flowers for Christmas cards & this was a great choice!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great poinsettia, Dawn - very clever of you to find a die that would work for it - love it!!