Monday 1 August 2022

Use up those little white scraps with collage tissue.

I have been following a NZ crafter on You Tube.... Natasha Foote and a few weeks ago she posted a video using white scraps and collage tissue. (here)   I didn't think I had any collage tissue (found it later on) so decided I need to make my own.  I used white tissue paper and took a stamp set from Pink Paislee  that I've had for many years.  It has lots of different vintage looking stamps - typewriter, bees, music, postage stamps, etc.   I stamped the whole page all at once. 

And here's what I made. 


I took my little scraps and used some 1/4 inch masking paper around the edges.  I used some Nuvo powders to colour the background.  I trimmed bits of the tissue paper and used some Matte Medium to adhered to the scraps.  I added to a black base for contrast.  Added some sentiment stripes and that finished the card.  Definitely something a bit different.   I might try again with the Tim Holtz collage paper I found in my storage cupboard.  

Thanks for stopping by... I'm under the weather again... with a chesty cough that has cause a bout of asthma.  Spent the morning in bed and managed to get a cancellation appointment  at the doctors.  Got a new inhaler and a course of steroids. Hopefully it will improve quickly.    


4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How clever of you to make your own tissue paper with those fabulous vintage images, Dawn!! Love the card you made too - I'll have to try this - looks amazing!! Ugh - sorry you're under the weather again! Hope you heal quickly!!

Joy Meadows said...

Hi, Dawn! This card is so unique - the stamped tissue paper you made is really nice. Don't think I have seen this technique before, but it is certainly an eye-catcher. Hope you feel better soon.

Chrissy said...

I love how you made your own tissue paper and your card is gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Sorry to hear you're sick, Dawn. Hope you get over it quick! Beautifully artistic card!