Tuesday 23 August 2022

Faux Torn Mosaic technique.

 This month's technique challenge at my NZ swap group was chosen by Jude.  She chose a technique called Faux Torn Mosaic - based on a tutorial she had seen on Splitcoaststampers... you can see it here.  Jude also said she wanted to see a card that would put a smile on the swappee's face. 

So here's what I did for Suze.  


I took some patterned paper and tore into stripes and then into little bits. It was a bit messy using Distress ink to add colour around the edges of each piece but got there in the end.  I then glued them onto a piece of card  I used some Ranger Multi Medium so I was able to coat the entire page.  I added script stamping  in the corners.  I had this little Tim Holtz Snarky cat already stamped so coloured with some pencils before fussy cutting.   I stamped the sentiment and doodled around it.  

I had fun doing this one even though it was messy.



4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun card Dawn and a great technique..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

That is a great card Dawn - love the snarky sentiment :) I enjoyed making mine too, but managed to delete the photos from the computer... so brassed off as it turned out really well and Suna loved it.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I chuckled at your snarky cat & sentiment, Dawn - very cool technique and inking each torn piece added the perfect touch!!

Greta said...

How fun! Definitely made me chuckle!