Monday 22 August 2022

Cards for Kids

 I decided it was time for me to send my grandson a card and of course, need to send the Princess on too!

For my grandson, I made this one

A while back I made some masks for a lady from work.  She purchased some patterned material... Spiderman, Buzz Lightyear and baby Yoda...there were a few scraps left over so I saved them.  So for this one for Archie, I glued the fabric to some card and then fussy cut Spiderman.   I searched the internet to find the web which I printed onto my card.  I used the computer to add the sentiment and glue Spiderman onto the card. 

For Princess Grace, I decided on a Unicorn as she loves watching My Little Pony.


I did some ink blending with Distress Oxides for my background.  Did a little stenciling with water to make the stars and spirtzed water on the lower portion.   I found this cute image on the internet.  I printed and fussy cut.   It was pre-coloured so just added Nuvo glitter gel all over it with my finger.  The die cut was made with some scrap blended piece in my box of bits.  I picked up the un-named die from a local stationery store for a couple of dollars.   Just finished with some little sub sentiments. 

And I got a commissioned card for a  5 year old boy.... so my Buzz Lightyear scrap of material came into play.  


I started by adding lots of colours to some mixed media paper and then adding black to make the galaxy background.  I splattered some white acrylic paint.  The sentiment was gold embossed and I added Buzz and added the name cut from gold card.   I matted the galaxy panel onto the some of the gold card.    Inside I printed " Happy 5th Birthday.  Hope it's out of this world"  

Fun times making these.   Our Princess loved her card and had it with her when she visited on Saturday.  
 

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fab set of kid cards, Dawn - the grands will love them and what 5yr-old doesn't love Buzz - so cute!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the fabric scraps Dawn, and wonderful cards - I often use the internet for images when it comes to children's cards. Your backgrounds for the second two cards are fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Cute cards for the kids! How sweet Grace brought her card with her when she came to visit!