Sunday 21 August 2022

Christmas Pinecones.

 Hi there... Here's one of the cards I did yesterday afternoon.  It's a shaped Christmas card.  I made this with two challenges in mind. 

The challenge at Let's Squash It - is Don't be So Square.   Use your embossing folders and make a shaped card.   I made my card base using a very old Tim Holtz die  - called Vintage Cabinet Die


I cut it three times  -two used as the base and one for the embossed panel.  The embossing folder is an Altenew one - Classic Pinecones Slim 3D folder.  I used some Rocky Shores and Mocha Altenew inks to blend on some colour on the cones, and Moss for the needles.   The pre-printed sentiments are some digital images from a magazine.  

I'm also entering this one in the Never in a Nativity challenge at Christmas Kickstart. 

    


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Dawn - love the shape, and the texture is fabulous, especially enhanced, as you have done, with the colour
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Dawn, so effective, love the embossing and simple colouring and fabulous white splattering and the card shape is awesome..what a great folder, I need this in my life..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pines on the shaped card, Dawn - thought I'd commented already but maybe it went astray...

Greta said...

Oh wow--one of my favorite cards, Dawn! So beautiful!