Saturday 20 August 2022

Floral Swag with Die Cuts

 This week I got my order from Krafters Cart... a  local online store run by the amazing Meetu.  She stocks a lot of Altenew goodies - a company I just adore.  In my order this time... I ordered a die set  called Charming Foliage - it's a layering die set with three roses, two leaves and a couple of branches.  

For my first go, I used the colours in the inspiration inner... but as I don't have the coloured cardstock, I die cut all the pieces in white card and used the Altenew inks sets - Cherry Blossom, Shades of Purple, Green Meadows and Sea Shore - to colour. 


For my background I die cut the white panel from Mix and Match Frames - the second die -  I added a simple gingham stenciling using Altenew Classic Stripes and some Limestone ink- just a subtle amount.  This panel was added to a black die cut panel - the larger one in the Mix and Match Frames.  I worked out where I wanted my flowers - inspired by the cover  of the die set, stamped the sentiment from Sentiment Strips 3.  I then layered the flowers and leaves - some straight onto the panel and some on dimensional tape. 

I'm entering this into the Just Add Ink #617 - Choose Two (Gingham, Dots & Die Cuts) challenge.     I think my stenciling works as the Gingham element and the flowers, certainly are die cuts! 

and also for Darnell's NBUS Challenge #41 as this is the first outing for the Classic Foliage Dies


Thanks for stopping by today... It's been a good day - the sun was shining (mostly) got to 20C - hubby got the main deck finished with the help of our friend Michael.   Just the capping on the seat round the edge to do.  And I got the grocery shopping done, washing, baking Weetbix slice, had a visit from Grace and her Mummy & Daddy and got two cards made!  A successful day.  

9 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

Well done - you nailed this Challenge using all the suggested elements. I love the stenciled gingham - it's a lovely subtle background. Very pretty layered dies. Chantell Just Add Ink

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Dawn - love your colours!!
Sounds like a really busy day - it's been overcast and drizzling here and only got to 17...
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Your day sounded just lovely, Dawn! And your card is lovely, too! Way to be creative with the beautiful colors! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Gorgeous rose card, such pretty colors!! I saw this at NBUS and had to come over and comment, I love Altenew myself, such beautiful stamps!!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is just lovely Dawn! The soft gingham background is such a lovely effect. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the soft grey stenciling for gingham, Dawn - pretty bouquet with the frames!!

ColourmehappyDi said...

The subtle gingham background works beautifully with the gorgeous pop of the die cut flowers. A lovely card for our Just Add Ink choose two challenge. Thanks for playing along with it.
Di, JAI

Greta said...

Very pretty card & great to use your new goodies right away! You must be feeling better to get all that done!

Liz said...

Lovely card. The subtle stencilling makes a great background for your beautiful flowers. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx