Tuesday 16 August 2022

Inspired by Simon Hurley - another floral circle card

 I was checking my subscriptions on You Tube and came across a neat technique from Simon Hurley - using stamping foam and an embossing folder..  You can check it out Here 

He used his round foam but I only have the original sized rectangle foam.  I loved a card he made using the circle - colouring and stamping then embossing the entire folder and using the circle as a spotlight feature.    It inspired me to try something similar.  Simon used the debossed side - where as I used the embossed side. 

I took my Altenew 3D folder - Decorative Florals, headed the foam and press to get the impression. I had used a Spellbinders circle die to cut the circle and after I added inks with blending brushes. spritzed with water and stamped onto it. Once it was dry I added the circle back into the EF and ran it through to emboss it.  Took some metallic paste and ran my finger over the raised areas.  I used the EF to emboss a white panel and slotted the circle into place.  I layered the panel on some pinky purple paper and onto my white card.   White embossed the sentiment from Sentiment Strips #3 and added it.

I'm entering this into The Flower Challenge - Circle/Circles -

                                                 

Thanks for stopping by. 

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great use of the technique Dawn, and the card is amazing. Love the colours you used - I still have a NBUS square of foam from some 20 years ago when I first started this papercraft journey...
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

This turned out really pretty, Dawn!

donna mikasa said...

So beautiful, Dawn! I love the spotlighted blooms--such a pretty color, too!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is so beautiful and so striking Dawn! Love that spotlight technique over the embossing, really beautiful. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Chrissy said...

This is another stunner Dawn, gorgeous spotlight effect and fabulous colouring with your inks and love the dimension..gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cara said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the depth you’ve achieved. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love this with the spotlight circle, Dawn - great coloring!!

lostinpaper said...

Such a clever and beautiful floral spotlight!

Greta said...

Neat technique & lovely card!