Sunday 14 August 2022

Flowers and Circle/s at The Flower Challenge.

 Hi there... I haven't played along at The Flower Challenge for some time so when I got a bit of time this afternoon I had a go.  



My card didn't quite turned out how I pictured it... but liked how it did. 

I was inspired by a card I made about 5 years ago - which used this delightful splattered circles stamps from Altenew.  I didn't quite get the circle where I should have... I used two Altenew grey inks to stamp the Watercolour Frames splattered circle and plain circle.  I took the matching die for the Flower Bunch Layering Stencil and cut it from white card.  I then used my Brutus Munro sticky mat to hold the die and used the stencils to colour.  I then added this to the card.  The sentiment is from an Altenew set -

I didn't get any time yesterday to craft as Princess Grace was here - she and her Daddy arrived at 8.00am - catching Nanny & Pop still abed!  We weren't expecting them till after 8.30am... Daddy and Pop spend a lot of the day working on the decking and Nanny and Grace got to play together... painting, stamping and baking. 

Helping with icing the Weetbix slice.  

And now we have 98% of the new decking down...

Grace tested it out with the pink trike...(her Aunty Emma's 35 yr old trike).  Just a few boards to screw down, the seating to be replaced and new steps put in.  

Hope you all have a great weekend.  


7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawn, lovely stenciling and colours, love the circle of splatters, really lovely..your deck will be all ready for Summer, looking good..

luv CHRISSYxx

Bobby said...

That splattered circle is so much fun, Dawn, and your stenciled flowers are beautiful with it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challlenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Dawn - love that circle stamp!
That deck looks amazing - well done to the men - and you obviously had a busy day with Queen Grace :)
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful card and how cute Grace got to hang out and help with the baking, even if she did get you out of bed! Glad the boys cracked on and got the deck done, how fab! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the splatter circle with flowers alongside, Dawn! And great deck - lots of work done there! Lucky you to have sweet Grace to bake and craft with you!!

lostinpaper said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawn! Sounds like the decking went well and there was baking to celebrate with lol.

Greta said...

What a beautiful deck & love the pink trike! Grace is such a cutie & I can just imagine the fun you have crafting & baking with her! Pretty card with that interesting circle image!