Thursday 11 August 2022

Use up that patterned paper...

L LOVE patterned paper.... I see a pad and bam it's on it's way home with me. - usually nice and cheap at my local Warehouse or KMart... in fact I have soooo many it would take years and years to use them..... I really must stop buying them and use up what I have... 

so today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made with some pretty paper I had stashed in my craft room cupboard.   It was an A4 sized pack of vintage papers.  

First up is an A2 sized card

 

This is such pretty paper.  I die cut a piece of the paper with Gina K Master Layout 2 and matted it with the black layer.  I die cut a white and black circle and matted together and added a sentiment from Gina K Designs - It's All You mini stamp set.  I die cut some branches from Altenew's Bitty Branches with vellum and added behind the circle.  

My second card is a mini slimline 


I just love the vintage floral look of this paper.   I used Gina K Master Layout 7 to cut the mini slimline layer and matt.  I die cut the circles and added the sentiment.  It's from a set called Enchanted Garden by Sugar Pea Designs for Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval.  

I love the way the paper takes centre stage on both these cards.   I have die cut a couple of other panels from the page so have them ready to make some more cards. 

I'm still coughing a lot but slowly getting better.  Lots of people from work are off with 'flu and bad colds this winter.  We have been hit hard after last year being in isolation for such a long time... the bugs didn't have a chance to spread.   But this year- everyone seems to be getting sick and taking longer to recover.     Hope you are all taking care out there. 


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Dawn - that paper is gorgeous and you have used it beautifully
Glad to hear you are making a slow recovery - thankfully I have had no illness this winter...
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Dawn, I have these papers too,so lovely and thick..

Luv CHRISSYxxc

Greta said...

So sorry you've had such a time getting over the bug! Great way to use the beautiful paper, Dawn! I need to figure out how to use some of mine!