Thursday 4 August 2022

More Floral cards

 Hi all... I've got a couple of floral cards to share today.  I made these with new stamps from Senz... - just haven't had time to post yet.  

First one 

This card uses the embossing folder from Altenew Silk Art Craft Your Life Project Kit as well as the matching stencils.  I embossed and lightly inked around the background before using blue and green inks to colour up the embossing.  I added some Nuvo glimmer past over the darker layers of the blues.  The sentiment is from the stamps that are part of the kit.    Added some white gauche paint splatters and matted onto a pale blue metallic card base. 

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss it 

and my second one used Fairy Tale Florals from Altenew


  I stamped the image onto some mixed media paper and then used my New Nuvo Shimmer powders as watercolours to colour the image.  Once it was dry I used the matching dies to cut it out.  I used Altenew Organic Linen folder to embossed a background.  Added a die cut sentiment and a little white embossed sub sentiment.  Added some black sequins to finish.

Today was a stunner here in Auckland.... full of sunshine - a lovely late winter day. 

I took my lunch time cup of soup out and sat on the part of the new deck that hubby has laid and looked out over the back yard.   It was delightful and a nice way to spend my break.  It's awesome that my team lead has allowed me to work from home this week while I'm still not 100%

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW, so beautiful Dawn the first stole the show, beautiful..your garden looks so tranquil..

luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two floral beauties, Dawn, and I love the photo of your garden! Sorry you're still not 100% - I'm not either but getting there!! You will too.

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Dawn - these are fabulous images and I love how you have used them.
It's been glorious for the past two days here too, and I have been outside and enjoying it. Your backyard looks lovely.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Beautiful spot to have lunch! Love both your floral cards! The coloring of the embossing folder is wonderful & I love the look of the second card!