Monday 17 October 2022

A few Christmas cards

 Hi there.   What a weekend!  I was set to go to the FYI (For Your Inspiration) Craft Fair with Suna.  It was being held at Lake Karapiro  - a trip of just over 2 1/4 hours from my place.   I picked up Suna and after about 1/2hr down the motorway I got a bit concerned about the noise my car was making.   So made the decision to abort the trip so we got off the motorway south and got onto the motorway north!   Luckily when Suna rang her hubby to tell him he said to take their car.   So we headed off again - finally making it to the fair at 10 to 11.  And did we have fun.  It was well organised and there were lots of stalls including our favourites like Krafter's Cart, Creatables, Imagine If, Faith Pocock Studio.  I was quite restrained.  I picked up a cool Altenew hot foil floral at 30% off and a couple of stamps from Montarga.  Plus some enamel dots, a few little bits and pieces.  

Anyway, today I have a couple of cards I created last week and on Saturday evening.    I also did some cards with a stamp I got in July and had put away and forgot about.  I'll share them later in the week. 

I had picked up a few stamps, dies and stencils at the local stationery store.  They were freebies from a magazine.  One of them was an Altenew set that was from 2021 - Bells  at $3.99

I used Altenew inks to stamp the bells and mistletoe.  The set had the matching dies for the bells.   The bows look black but are in fact silver card to match the silver pen strings.   Once I was finished I went to put the stamps away and oh no... the first layer of the bells couldn't be found anywhere.  Plus a couple of the little stars.... found one of them quickly but it took till the next day to find the big layer... about a metre away on a pad of paper that was on the floor.   Still missing one little star.    

My next card uses an embossing folder that was in one of the set I picked up for $6.99.  It had a stamp set, a matching die, a stencil and an embossing folder.  


I decided to do a bit of a letterpress look.  I swiped some Distress Ink onto the folder.  It bubbled up a bit and when I embossed it turned out very splotchy.  But I decided that I was going to just go with it.   I then added some gold Pocsa pen colouring to the stars.  The sentiment is one of the stamps I got from Montarga on Saturday.    

Had a lovely day yesterday with hubby for his birthday.   I took him to the local beach cafe - a nice walk down to Murrays Bay- for brunch, had a little sit at the beach before heading back home.  The family came round for dinner.  Our little one was super keen to get here so they arrived earlier than I expected.  Hubby had baby sat on Saturday morning and the two of them had a fun filled time - playing games, going to the Wonderland indoor playground and having chocolate ice-cream for breakfast!  Pop and Grace time went well.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have fun crafting. 


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a convoluted trip to get to FYI Dawn. Glad you got there. I was not as restrained as you - mainly as I had spare dollars I had put away for my aborted trip South.
Love your gorgeous cards - you really have made the most of the magazine freebies :)
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Super cards Dawn. I hope that little star turns up. The tree background looks snowy - perfect for someone in the northern hemisphere.

Greta said...

You sure find the best deals! Both cards are delightful! The effect on the 2nd one is actually neat with the bubbly ink! It's amazing how things can disappear!

Betty said...

lovely cards, Dawn - and so fun to read about your craft fair adventure and also hubby's birthday.