Sunday 22 January 2023

Techinques you may have forgotten about ---

Carol set the challenge for our NZ swap group - techniques you may have forgotten about.... and she gave us a few videos from Justine Hovey and Ingrid Blackburn - Techniques we often forget.... 

I really loved watching all the videos and seeing lots of techniques I haven't used in a while.  - I decided on two techniques  - stamp kissing and the faux torn edges one. 


 I started by doing the stamp kissing.   My original idea was to use a purple ink but it just didn't work so pulled out my Altenew inks - Frayed Leaf to stamp the plan layer of Rosie's Studio Layering Butterflies then I kissed it to a black inked Hero Arts - Medley Background stamp and stamped it onto a white piece of card.  I then trimmed and layer it with some soft green card.   Next I trimmed a white panel  and it the faux torn edge.  I used a large post it note that I tore in half to mask the top and bottom.  I then inked up the HA background in Altenew Grey Denim and stamped over the masks.  I lightly blended some green ink over the edges.   The sentiment is stamped int Versafine Onxy Black - it's from the Rosie's Studio set.

I'm sure I'll be remembering to use some of these techniques in the future.  

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty look, Dawn - love the colors you combined! So fun to revisit an old technique isn't it? Still works!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Dawn - love how you have used the two techniques
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

I was the lucky recipient of this and it is a lovely green which doesn't show here - it looks so much nicer IRL. Thanks Dawn, CarolG

Greta said...

Great job with those techniques!