Saturday 18 March 2023

Recycle and reuse.

 I saw the Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp was "Recycle It".   Just up my alley as a couple of weeks ago,  my friend Yvonne, dropped around to give me an old tissue box.   Months ago I said to her that when it was finished that I'd love to have it as the pattern on it was stunning.    I cut it up and all the pieces have been in my "to use" pile. 

I made two 4-bar cards (3.5" x 5") as I had the bases in the same "to use" pile as the off cuts from a couple of  5" square cards cut from  8.25" x 11" white card.  

First up used lots of the box

The stripes were on one side of the box, the panel from the other side and from one of ends I fussy cut one of the carnations. I trimmed and layered with black card.  I die cut the love sentiment (Altenew Versatile Sentiments in black with a white shadow and the subset is from a pre-printed sheet from Creative Expressions. 

The second one is a bit more clean and simple. 


For this one, I used a piece from the top.  I trimmed each side of the opening and got some thin stripes.  
The die cut sentiment is from Concord & 9th which was also in the "to use" pile.  I tried out the sentiments as soon as I got this set so it was great to have it on hand.   Finished it with some black gems.

I got a pic of the two together so I can add to the Simon Says Challenge 


 I had fun doing these two and I've got plenty of the box left to make some more. I made envelopes for them with some scrapbook paper I have.  Used the white side with the pattern inside. 

Great way to start my weekend with some fun crafting. 


6 comments:

creationsnz said...

You are right Dawn, a fabulous box to re-use and what great cards as a result. You have to be pleased with that. CarolG

Chrissy said...

Fabulous recycling Dawn and two beautiful cards, gorgeous..

luv CHRISSYxx

CinnamonSally said...

Wow these are gorgeous and a great use of the tissue box.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful pair of cards using the tissue box card - I have several boxes awaiting demolition and re-use :), but none as stunning as this must have been
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Wow--these are fabulous! Good thing you asked her to save that box for you!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pair with upcycled tissue box, Dawn!! So sad our boxes aren't that great....:(