Thursday 16 March 2023

Feel Better Soon, Suna

 My friend, Suna, had knee surgery 2 weeks ago so I send her a "Feel Better Soon" card.   She let me know it finally arrived.


I still had the Hero Arts Succulent Bouquet set on my desk, so used Versamark to stamp it onto some Bristol cardstock and clear embossed.  I used Altenew Woodless Watercolour pencils to add the colour. I was pleased with how the different colours I used blended together.  I found the perfect sentiment in Altenew's Grand Carnations stamp set.  I also stamped and clear embossed it before using the matching die to cut it out. I had die cut a yellow panel out with Gina K Master Layout 2 and used the negative space to form a frame which I used some 3D tape around for dimension.  I added dimension to the die cut out focal image to allow it to sit on top off the frame.   Added some green gems to finish.  

Happy to report Suna is doing extremely well in her recovery.   


6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn and glad your friend is doing well..

Luv CHRISSYxx

CinnamonSally said...

Such a pretty card Dawn its sure to cheer her up.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty card Dawn, and so beautifully coloured. Good to hear Suna is doing well
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

What a great set Dawn, and makes a super get well card. Love the colouring. CarolG

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring & love how you framed it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my - what stunning coloring on that succulent, Dawn - love this!!!