Thursday 18 May 2023

Boho Vases

When I got home from work this afternoon, I took some time to play with some of my new stuff... a die set from Altenew and a sentiment stamp and die set by Couture Creations.  I had been wanting the Boho Vases for some time, but they have been out of stock at Altenew for a while so when I saw it at Scrapbook.com I had to get it. 


For it's first outing I die cut all three vases from kraft cart and used some Altenew Almond Butter ink to add a bit of colour around the edges and over the embossed bits.  I added some glitter card in silver, bronze and gold behind the vases.  Really pleased how that turned out.   The leaves were cut from some paint chips.  I masked off the bottom of the card panel and using some green ink left on my blending brush (Hunter Green ink) and a Stampmatt stencil added the green.  I softly inked the background as well.  Two of the vases were glued directly to the panel and the middle one and leaves was added with dimensional tape.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine black ink and clear embossed it.  This cute set has matching dies, but I decided to stamp directly onto the card.

I'm adding this to the NBUS challenge as both the dies and the stamp were used for the first time.  Thanks Darnell for this fabulous challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous vase arrangement, Dawn! Love the soft stenciling too!!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Dawn - love your 'sparkle' in the pots, and your stencilled background is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Clever layering to add that special detail, a great card. CarolG

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful!! I love how your card turned out. Saw it over at NBUS and had to come over to tell you.

Greta said...

Very pretty!