Saturday 20 May 2023

Artistic Dahlia - Two different ways to make a card.

 One of my recent purchases was the Pinkfresh Studio's Artistic Dahlia washi tape and coordinating dies.  Once I purchased them, I decided I need the stamps and matching stencil as well... so a quick order to my local online store (Krafters Cart) and they arrived in a couple of days!  So now I have lots of choices on using these all together.  

So for my first card I've used the Washi tape and die to cut some stunning florals.


I stuck the washi to some white card and used the matching die to cut it out.   It is a very clever idea- each of the florals are separate and it's one linked die that cuts them out. Luckily my old 12inch Cuttlebug plates fit my new Spellbinders Platinum 6 machine.  I made the frame with a Spellbinders die set (Hemstitched Rectangles) cut from some maroon coloured card.   I layered some of the florals around the frame and pop a part one into the corner.   A Couture Creations stamp and die set had jumped into my Krafters Cart order - so stamped the and die cut it.  And my Altenew Enamel Dots were the perfect finishing colour. 

I'm adding this to Darnell's NBUS challenge - as the Washi  and dies are new. 

For my second card I had The Flower Challenge #80 Pretty Pastels in mind and used the stamp and stencil combo.


The stamp is HUGE!  - I had to put it diagonally across my original MISTI and trim a panel of card to fit.  Once stamped, I used a variety of inks to colour it in.   I has watched Jennifer McGuire's Video on  Stepping up or mixing your inks.  I used a number of colours together on some of the layers of the stencil to give more dimension.  Again, when I had finished, I used the die set to cut all the florals out.   I have heaps of both the washi and stenciled florals to use on other cards.   The sentiment is from the same stamp set (there are 4, 3 of which have matching dies!)  I layered a couple of the matching die cuts to give added stability to sentiment.   Again, the Altenew Enamel Dots had the perfect colour for my embellishments.   For some texture, I die cut the Pinkfresh Studio's Floral and Diamonds Tile Coverplate and stuck it to my base.  I blended some soft blue around the middle to add my floral centrepiece over.   I got this one finished just a little while ago - it's a cooler, windy and wet Autumn day here - nice to be in the craft room!  


Hubby is watching some rugby so I'm off to do more crafting.   


7 comments:

Lin said...

These are lovely, Dawn! My fave is the softer 2nd one! Beautiful work!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dawn that first one grabbed me the most, the gorgeous colours, two gorgeous cards..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous dahlias, Dawn - love the washi with the hemstitched frame and the stenciled one is so pretty atop the coverplate!!

Bobby said...

Both cards are beautiful, Dawn. The mix of colors on your pastel card is wonderful and I love that background die. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flowr Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

So gorgeous Dawn - you really have made a fabulous pair of cards
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Such fabulous pastel cards Dawn, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' :) Viv DT xx

Greta said...

Beautiful collection & love how you got 2 very different & beautiful cards!