Sunday 21 May 2023

Hello You Coneflower - Sketch Saturday #726

 My Saturday late afternoon crafting didn't happen yesterday as around 5.00pm our power went out.   The evening was a dark, stormy one and it got dark very quickly.  By 6.00 the power still hadn't come back on, so we decided to head out for dinner.  I was slow cooking a casserole that still need 1 1/2 hours to go.  We went to have Ramen.  Very nice to have an impromptu  date night out!  

So after spending the morning doing a full polish of all my lounge furniture, I headed to the craft room.  I saw a great sketch challenge on Tristan blog  - Sketch Saturday #726 .  Tristan is one of the design team for the challenge.  


I really liked the challenge sketch - and it has an option - using ink blending.  


I loved the hexagon look on the sketch.  I have a hexagon cover die... not sure the make as I've lost the packaging.  I die cut and then used it as a stencil, masking off so I got just about half my panel  I did some ink blending with Altenew Lapis Luzuli ink set.  I decided a yellow coneflower would look great against the blues so used Altenew's Build a Flower: Coneflower using Altenew inks.  I had a scrap of dark blue mirror card and used Altenew's Versatile Greeting die to cut the hello.  I stamped a "You" from a Sentiment Strip stamp - cut the You off a longer sentiment. 

I love the contrast of the yellow and blue on this card.   



6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love the blue/yellow combo too, Dawn - gorgeous hexagon border in that blended blue! Perfect for your yellow coneflower!!

creationsnz said...

Yellow and blue is always stunning and you've put it otgether beautifully. CarolG

Chrissy said...

Fabulous background Dawn and love the sunflower..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dena J said...

Wonderful way to use that die as a stencil. It created a perfect bold background for that stunning coneflower. Thank you for sharing at Sketch Saturday.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW and wow again Dawn - love your use of colour and the perfect ink blending - a stunner of a card!!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Pretty!