Saturday 17 June 2023

Festive Fancy Folds at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

My second parcel has now arrived!  And other cold wintery day so what better to do than play with my stamps, inks, pencils, dies and having fun.    Hubby was helping a friend move this morning and I headed off to look for knitting patterns.  Well.... it's been years since I bought patterns and boy are they hard to find... mostly books of patterns at around the $30-35 range... so instead I look in the crafting section.  Picked up a new lightbox - was around $70 - down to $30 and only $18 at checkout!   Has three different light tones and up to 10 different strengths.   

Anyhoo.. decided that I wanted to try out the Bridge card design that Jennifer McGuire did a couple of weeks ago.   And as the challenge at Christmas Kickstart Challenge this month is Festive Fancy Folds...thought I make a Christmas card. 

I used my new Altenew Dotty Circles 3D embossing folder and some blue and white card to make the panels to add to the card.   I decided on using a die cut panel for the bridge.  This is the largest of the Spellbinder Labels Four set.  I keep the panel in the die and used whatever blue was on my Altenew blending brush to add some colour.  Love how this gives a little white border.   I had the stamped Couture Creations Ringing Bells and the Spellbinder's Yana's Christmas Sentiments (hot foiled in red) in my baggie of Christmas bits and bobs.... so a quick colouring with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and it was done!  


You can see the dimension here....


I also got to use one the new stamps from the latest parcel for my swap card....Here's a sneak peek


Once my partner gets it... I'll share.

Been a good day!




5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Looks as though you had fun in your craft room today Dawn - yes, patterns are a price now, and you can very rarely get singles... the light box was a great buy!!
Loving this card - a great fold and beautifully used. Loved the sneak peek too!
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Looks lovely, Dawn. I've seen a few of these and really like the style of fancy fold. Love your colour combo and embossing too. Thanks for joining Arlene and me at Christmas Kickstart. I'm not a knitter and when I saw the prize of wool and patterns a while back I decided it was unlikely I'd make a start now! Jo x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful bridge card Dawn and I love the embossing folder..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your bridge card with the bells, Dawn!! They are addictive - bet you'll make more :)

Arlene said...

What a great fold card and I love the colors, die and embossing folder you used. So glad you joined us at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge