Friday 16 June 2023

Woodblock Wednesday - Dogwood Hello

 I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted.... I have been busy this last couple of weeks.  I have been crafting... but it's been stuff I can't share yet.  And I've been doing some knitting for the upcoming little ones.  Plus some last minute babysitting.   And then this week - went out to dinner with our friends on Tuesday for an early birthday celebration, Birthday on Wednesday and then last night went to the theatre with some of my work friends.  We went to the musical - Kinky Boots.   LOVED it... it was an incredible experience.  Such awesome music and dancing and superb costuming.  I went straight from work into the city and we all meet up for dinner first.  I had driven my car to the bus hub near home and caught the bus into town.  Saved having to pay for parking in the city as it's free to park at the hub and the bus is free for me as a pensioner!   

Today was a work at home day thank goodness.  Meant I didn't have to get up quite so early.  And my Altenew goodies finally arrived.  It's been a COLD WET day, so nice to be cozy at home.   After finishing my work for the day and doing some housework, I headed into the craft room.  Was going to work on a card I'm making for a swap... but while putting some stuff away, I saw a Hero Arts Dogwood stamp (wood block stamp) and remembered that Amy Tsuruta's Woodblock Wednesday challenge was still on.  So quick change of plans and here's what happened.

 
I stamped the Dogwood in Altenew Permanent Black ink as I was using Spectrum Noir Tri-blends to added colour.   The flowers are in various shades of blue and the leaves have some green (hard to see here, but it is there!)  I used a sentiment from Hero Arts Color Layering A Happy Day Flowers and added some Hero Arts Hues gems.  I had used Gina K Master Layouts 3 to cut out the panel and the blue layer.   In my Altenew order was the Dotty Circles 3D embossing folder so gave it a spin on the 5 1/4" base.  







I'm also entering into Darnell's NBUS challenge - first time using the embossing folder. 

Just waiting for the birth's over the next couple of weeks....one should be sometime next week and the other one, the following week.

Thanks for visiting 

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dawn!
Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh wow!! This is stunning - especially against the white embossed background. Beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Dawn - love the texture and the crisp clean lines.
Two babies in two weeks - here's hoping they stick to their due dates :) - I have two grandies who were three weeks apart (supposed to be 6 weeks, but...)
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ah, the HA dogwoods - a fave for me, Dawn! Love them atop the dotted circle embossing!!