Monday 5 June 2023

Use up those backgrounds....

 I have a lot of backgrounds sitting around... lots of blended, painted, smooshed etc.   It's been another cold and wet day, so after lunch I headed into the craft room and pulled out some of the of my backgrounds and decided what ones I could make into a card.  


I took a panel with greens and orange Distress paints on it.  I had been playing with the paints a few weeks ago.  I took a Stampin' Up wooden stamp from the Background Builder set and some Grey Denim ink from Altenew and added some subtle writing on the background.   I die cut the oval and it's layer with dies from Gina K Master Layouts 1.   I had picked up a Uniti stamp set from the Warehouse here in NZ - they were very cheap and cheerful but stamped lovely.  I used Hero Arts Navy ink to match the navy card used for the layer on the oval.  Next I took a piece of card that had orange paint on it and using the flowers from Sizzix Geo Floral Frames die set, cut two bigger and one smaller flowers.  Layered together and added the centre from the navy card.   Found a scrap of card with some green paint and together with two other shades of green, and die cut the four different leaves.   Added the flowers with 3D tape and then added the leaves directly to the card.   Layered the panel to navy card and then to a white base.  As this is not a colour combo I used much, I was thrilled at how it turned out.  

Entering this one into Darnell's NBUS challenge - first outing for the sentiment. 


6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Dawn - what a great use of your background and scraps - I have a large stash of 'smooshed' backgrounds building, I keep using them, but I am sure they multiply overnight...
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a beautiful background! LOVE the green and rusty orange combo, 'so me!' Beautiful card hun, the background just sets the scene so beautifully! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Darnell said...

You should be thrilled, Dawn! You used that pretty background to create a masterful design and I love the warm summery colors! I've been taking some spare moments here and there to make cards from my made panels, too. It's such a great feeling to actually use them, especially when you pair them with bits and bobs that have been waiting off stage! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful layered background with the paints and subtle text, Dawn! Love how you finished it off with the sentiment oval and little flowers!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful background Dawn, love the colours and gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Maria said...

Oh, your card is so lovely! I saw it over at the NBUS Challenge and just had to drop by! Love the beautiful background and pretty flowers! Wonderful sentiment, too!