Sunday 4 June 2023

Hello - enjoy your day! (Penny Black Saturday Challenge)

 It's a cool Sunday afternoon and I headed into the craft room for a bit of a tidy up after Grace has been in here.   I was looking through my blog reader and saw that Helen had posted a gorgeous card for the latest Penny Black Saturday Challenge  It's Anything Goes -Optional Masculine.  Helen's card inspired me to pull out some of my PB stamps - all very old now.  

I was trying out making a torn paper stencil to make my clouds.   My friend Suna has set this as the monthly challenge at our NZ swap group.  I wanted to suss it out before making my card to sent to my recipient.  So started by tearing some copy paper, and then using a very light blue ink (Altenew) I went over the entire panel.  I then took the Hello Dear Cling stamp by Penny Black and stamped in Versamark Onyx Black ink straight over the light inking.  I heat set the ink as I remembered that alcohol markers can bleed with this ink.   Grab my Tri-blend markers and started colouring.   Happy to say- no smearing. I have the Extended Collection - so the colours are not quite as bright as the original sets but turned out perfect for this one.  I used a Winnie and Walter die cut Hello and added the sub-sentiment from a PB set called Sunny Days.   The card was mounted into some dark blue card and then the white base.   A fun hour or so in the craft room.  And think I've got the cloud background sussed, even if they look a bit peaky!  

Thanks Helen for inspiring me to enter the challenge.  I would say it's a bit masculine!  

4 comments:

creationsnz said...

Such a lovely card Dawn, and he's looking great in those tiny dungarees. Isn't it great to re-discover oldies again? Your torn paper sponged sky is so subtle and soft - lovely. CarolG

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet image and beautiful card Dawn - Love it
Blessings
MAxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh cuties! LOVE these Penny Black meeses. Super cute! Gorgeous cloudy sky and fabulous colouring! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your sweet scene, Dawn! You made gorgeous clouds with the torn paper stencil too!!