Wednesday 28 June 2023

Stand Tall and Shine

 For my NZ card swap group this month, my friend, Suna, set us a challenge to used torn paper to ink blend sky or hills etc.  She did say to make it monochromatic... but I struggled with that and just used the torn paper technique.  

I tore my paper and used it as a mask to add the blue and green inks to symbolise  the clouds and sky. I had used tape to mask the edges.  I had been waiting weeks for my new stamps to arrive.  This set is Crafter's Companion - Reach for the Sky.  I saw it over on Natasha Foote's You Tube and after some searching found it at Simon Says Stamp.   I stamped the giraffe onto some white card with black ink and clear embossed it to get the shiny look for the sunnies. I coloured it with Spectrum Noir Tri-blends and some other alcohol markers.  I then fussy cut it and added to the card.  

As it was the first outing for the Giraffe set, I'm adding this to the NBUS challenge that Darnell runs. 





5 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Your torn paper background is wonderful, such a lovely effect and perfect behind that fun giraffe xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Dawn - your torn paper background is wonderful, and I do love that stamp set!! No wonder you waited for the set to arrive!:)
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling giraffe and I love your torn edge clouds, Dawn - fabulous!! I have a cute Unity giraffe set you've inspired me to unearth & use!!

creationsnz said...

Great job Dawn - I love that Mick Jagger tongue! CarolG

Arlene said...

This is so darn CUTE!