Tuesday 27 June 2023

Inked embossing folder technique - inspired by Jennifer McGuire.

Last week Jennifer McGuire did a video - a new MUST-SEE embossing folder technique .  It's a  stunning technique where you ink on the raised side of an 3D embossing folder  - you have to watch the video to see how stunning it is.  And it's very addictive. 

I made three cards...all using Altenew's Beautiful Bergenia 3D folder

First up is one using purple card and white pigment ink.

After running the folder through your machine, you take a slightly darker dye ink and either brayer or lightly rub the ink over the raised part of the embossed panel.    With this one the sentiment and the die are both from Altenew as well. 

For the next two I used kraft card and did one with gold pigment ink and one with the white. 


 This one is using the gold.  I used a darker brown ink - Almond Butter ink 

The second one used the white ink and used Hazelnut ink over the raised area.   I used a Spellbinder/Simon Hurley hot foiled sentiments on both cards. 

I could have kept on going... it's just such a fun and easy technique.  


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Dawn - I saw the video also, but have not tried it out yet - maybe Thursday when I have a quieter day...
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Three beauties Dawn, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love all three but the third is my fave - gorgeous white and hazelnut combo, Dawn! I saw Jennifer's video but haven't gotten around to trying this technique yet - thanks for the additional inspiration!!

creationsnz said...

All three cards are beautiful Dawn, but I must confess that purple on is a stunner! CarolG