Monday 3 July 2023

CCC June reveal and my Princesses.

 Well it's been a busy week... Lots of babysitting Grace as her new baby sister finally arrived via c-section on Saturday morning.  Florence Jessica Turley - our newest Princess.  Photos at the end of the post....

Anyway today I am finally sharing the card I made for the June CCC (see the full reveal here) I am not sure if my recipient, Lou, has received it yet... but here it is 


I went with the technique option - shaped card and lace added with the Vintage theme.   My shaped card base was made with a Tim Holtz Bigz Vintage Cabinet Card. The flowers with Tim Holtz Bigz Die - Tattered Florals and the birdcage and bird from the Bigz die - Birdcase.   It's been a LONG time since this dies have been used.   I used a variety of Distress inks and paints to add the vintage background and the birdcag which was cut with kraft card..  Also rubbed some Gathered Twigs ink on the lace.  The bird and flowers were cut with some patterned paper from a $2 shop pack, sponged with Gathered Twigs.  I used some Scarpers Floss to crochet the chain for the cage. 

And as promised - some photos of Florence and Grace.



and Grace crafting while staying with Nanny



7 comments:

Lin said...

How lovely to see your newest little granddaughter, Dawn! And so fun to see these dies being used once again! I still have mine, too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Big congrats, Dawn - sweet baby girl and Grace looks delighted with her new sister! Love your shaped card with the birdcage (I think I have that one around somewhere). Great to see it used again!!

Chrissy said...

I love your vintage style birdhouse card Dawn, fabulous, and congrats to all on your new little princess, she is gorgeous and love the big sister cuddles..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Angelnorth said...

Great vintage cabinet card and you even managed to sneak lace on — great card Dawn! Precious photos of your granddaughters too!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Dawn - great work with the vintage theme and those fabulous dies!!
What beautiful wee girls have been added to your family!
Blessings
Maxine

Robyn Oliver said...

Love your little bird cage card Dawn and sweetest pics of your lovely granddaughters... Robyn

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, especially in person!
Love the little paper bird and flowers. The sentiment is definitely a good one to remember!
Love all the photos of your grandchildren - hope that you enjoyed Perth.
Lou xo