Tuesday 4 July 2023

Weekend crafting.

 I had a busy weekend with babysitting Princess Grace but got a couple of hours to craft while she went to visit and meet her new sister... I managed a few cards....

First up a quick card made with some Pinkfresh Studio's washi.   I have the Artistic Dahila washi and had die cut them and had them in a baggie on my desk.   A quickly threw together this card. 


I used the slimline Master Layout from Gina K for my layers.  They look a bit wonky in my photo but the are not in real lift.   I die cut the centre panel from some pretty patterned paper and layered the die cut washi on it.  I add a die cut sentiment made from the co-ordinating stamp and die set. 

My second card used some new stamps and dies - some that arrived a couple of weeks ago. 


One of the dies and stencils I bought from Altenew was the co-ordinating items to the Monstera Quotes stamp set.  I had got the stamp set ages ago but not used it... so was happy to use a gift card I had won on a Altenew FB live video and get the die and stencil.  I used the Altenew Boho Vases to die cut a piece of patterned paper to make the vase to hold the Monstera Leaves.   I backed it with some kraft card.  I stamped all the leaves a number of times and used the matching stencils to add colour.  I used a variety of green inks from Altenew.  I used the dies to cut them out.  For the background I added a little green blended inks and added some fine dots with a fine liner pen.  I used a sentiment from the stamp set.   It is full of marvelous quotes and sayings.  Added the vase and built up the leaves.   Added it all to a kraft top-folding card base.   As it was the first outing for the stamps, stencils and dies I am adding this to Darnell's NBUS challenge. 

I did another card too.... it's for my local technique swap group - it headed off to it's recipient - here's a little sneak peek.


I also spend some time in crafting with Grace.   We made cat faces and she did some inking with a brayer and just had fun playing with my stuff. 


My crafting room is like a magical cave to Grace.  




6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous cards with your new products, Dawn!! And how fun that Grace likes to craft - I remember making cards with my nieces when they were young (now in their 20s - how time flies)!

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous cards Dawn, love your little sidekick..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn - love the Monteria leaves - that is one spectacular card!
Hoe wonderful that Grace enjoys your studio with you
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

So much to love, Dawn! Your photos of Princess Grace brought back happy memories of many hours in the Playhouse with grandsons Adam and Henry. They got quite good at stamping, coloring, and writing messages on the insides of their cards. Fun times! Henry once made a birthday card for his Papa (grandpa - who was away for the weekend on a motorcycle trip with friends) and inside he wrote, "I hope you come back." Isn't that the best?! 😆

Both your cards are wonderful! That "quick" Washi tape card looks like it took hours to make. You really showcased the flowers beautifully with the layers and patterns. I also love the composition of your Monstera bouquet! The details of the colors, background, and patterned vase work perfectly. And that sediment! I've written it down and pinned it up ... a valuable reminder! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely post Dawn! Gorgeous cards - the washi tape one does not look like a fast make at all and I adore the vase on the second, it looks so real! Glad you had fun in the magical cave with Grace. My youngest used to enjoy making cards with me and it is wonderful to share the fun :) Congratulations on your Altenew win and on being show-cased at NBUS this month! Vicky x

Kate said...

A lovely shot of your little assistant and two gorgeous cards Dawn - just had to stop by from NBUS #53 and take a closer look at your vase card! Hugs, Kate!!