Friday 7 July 2023

Optical Illusion Technique

 My NZ swap group were given the challenge of using an Optical Illusion technique (as seen here on Natasha Foote's YouTube).  My card went to Carol and now she has it, I can share it.  


I've tried this technique in the past, so knew to make my ovals bigger than you think you need to.   Otherwise you don't really get the effect you want.   I trimmed my panel down and added the stamped and die cut leafy branch.  It's from Altenew.  I used three colours of Distress Oxide inks to ink up my stamp.  It's easy to do using a MISTI.  The sentiment is a die cut from Concord & 9th cut from black and green card layered together.  

I'm looking forward to see how the other girls use this technique.  

Wednesday, we got to visit Florence and have cuddles. 


She is just gorgeous.  The spitting image of her big sister at the same age.   And in three weeks time I'll be cuddling with Finn.

I'm off tomorrow to Papamoa - just over 2 hours south.  Hubby's nephew got married last weekend in Fiji and tomorrow evening there is a party to celebrate in their home town.  Looking forward to catching up with family. 





3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous use of the technique, and great finishing of your card, Dawn - mine is currently 'in transit'...
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Haven't heard of that technique - will check it out! Love your card, Dawn - looks amazing. And fab photos of granny and gramps with new grandbaby - so precious!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn fabulous technique and little Florence is beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx