Monday 10 July 2023

Mindful Stenciling.

 After a busy weekend and a 3 hour drive home yesterday, I needed a bit of me time.  So I gold embossed the stamp from Pinkfresh Artistic Dahlia set and did some mindful stenciling.   It was very relaxing.  It's a great stencil to add ink blending to.  Everything matches up beautifully.  Then today I made the card. 

For my stenciling I used the Altenew inks - two pinks (Rubellite & Razzleberry) two purples ( Lavender Fields/Deep Iris) and two greens (Grass Field & Shadow Creek) and then used one of the layers to add some Nuvo Shimmer Paste over the darker pink layer.   Once it was all dried I used the matching dies to cut out all the florals.   While I was in Milford this afternoon I popped into the SPCA op shop and picked up some card bases - trifolds with cut outs... some circles and some with a window type cut out.  They are lovely textured bases in 4 1/4" x 6" in a white colour.  About 10 of them for $4.00.  I used one of the circle ones.   I stamped the sentiment from the set in the circle centre and added some of the florals around the opening.  

We had a lovely time at our nephew's party.  Great to see all the nephews and nieces and hubby's siblings.  And nice to have a night out and away from home.  


2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous result Dawn - this is a beautiful card, and what a great buy at the op Shop!!
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty dahlias with the glittery edges, Dawn!