Saturday 30 September 2023

Using a big sentiment with Elizabeth Craft Designs.

 It's the last day of the September challenge at Die Cut Divas.   Our lovely sponsor is Elizabeth Crafts Designs



You only have until 9:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time to enter the challenge.

The theme is "Anything Goes"  

The Prize: $25 gift card  
Thank you to Elizabeth Craft Designs for their sponsorship!

I have two cards to share today....

First up is the card I shared on the Die Cut Divas blog 


The background for this one was brayered by Grace last week when she conned Pop that she needed to come home with him after he had been "parent" helper when her class at daycare went to the Transfer centre for a recycling lesson.   I got a text message to say she wanted me to come home so she could craft!  She had fun using some Catherine Pooler inks to brayer and using the "Magic powders" aka Pixie powders and Nuvo powders to make some backgrounds.   I took this orange one and ran it through an embossing folder and added white ink, gold ink and some gelato crayon on top.  I trimmed it down and then added the Elizabeth Craft Designs Happy Birthday die.  I cut it from black and white and layered the two together.

And card two is a bonus one... 


After Grace had done her "Magical powders" panels she decided to use the little guillotine to trim off some of the edges,   I grabbed them and glued them onto a panel of card.   I trimmed it down and layered onto some purple card and added to a dark blue card base.  I had a couple of die cut circles that I decided would work with the background.  I stamped the sentiment and then used the Elizabeth Craft Designs dies to cut the umbrella from a bit of the panel I made.   Added the black gems and some iridescent sequin's from Nuvo to simulate rain drops. 

Do come and join us at Die Cut Divas - you have till 9.00pm Pacific Time to link up your project.  

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous cards with your little crafty helper, Dawn!! Just love the backgrounds Grace created and you've finished them off in fine fashion!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace is showing a great eye for colour, if these are anything to go by Dawn - the cards you have made the backgrounds into are beautiful!
Blessings
Maxine