Friday 29 September 2023

Woodblock Wednesday

 It's that time of the month.... time for Amy Tsuruta's Woodblock Wednesday Challenge.  I'm loving pulling out my older stamps and using them. 


Three woodblock stamps for this one.   Can you see where I did some masking on my post card stamp?   I masked the stamp prior to stamping it.  It's an old favourite from Hero Arts.  I added a stamp from a washi strip from 49 and Market.  They are just gorgeous stamps on a washi roll.    The Merry Christmas and poinsettia stamps are both from a now defunct NZ company called Kiwi Spoinsetamping.    I stamped the poinsettia onto a scrap of white and used some cheap watercolour pens to add the colour.  The red is the pen directly onto the card and then I scribbled some onto my mat and used water and a paint brush to add the lighter colour.    

Thanks for stopping by.  It's going to be a full on weekend as I'd the Stress Free Card Summit.   So I'm going to have a head full of ideas - just hope I find some time to watch all the video's and get some cards made. 


6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

enjoy the weekend Dawn - i am not up to much as I am back on meds, again... loving your card and that Kiwistamping poinsettia is beautifully used.
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Love seeing those older stamps being used again Dawn and such a pretty Christmas card, I have that Hero Arts one somewhere .

Lin said...

I love seeing your mix of woodblocks, Dawn! That postcard stamp was a fave of mine.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful tag Dawn, must get out my wooden stamps again one day, I tend to forget about them..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous poinsettia postcard, Dawn - love how you combined the woodblocks! I always mean to pull mine out - thanks for the inspiration!

~amy~ said...

Love your beautiful work Dawn.
Thanks for joining me for woodblock wednesday!