Tuesday 7 November 2023

Christmas overload....

 I am in Christmas card making overload!   This time of the year I get carried away making lots of Christmas cards.  Over the weekend I was tidying up a bit and came across more ephemera packs of Christmas images - brought over the years and forgotten about!   And lots of Christmas stamp sets I'd forgotten about too!  

Here are a couple I've made - first up using some ephemera baubles.  I made a mini slimline base and die cut a central panel from some shiny green paper. 


I added the baubles and used a gel pen to add lots of dots around them.  The strings and bows were drawn with a gold gel pen. The sentiment is a Spellbinder's hot foil set.   A CAS card. 

My second card used a stamp from Inkadinkado (0 Joly Night) and one of the circle die cut cards I found at an Op shop a while back. 


These cards are tri folds, so I made the most of that idea and stamped and coloured the manger image onto the middle fold.  The card bases are also very textured.  I stamped and clear embossed the manger and added the colours with Prisma pencils.  The sentiment from the Inkadinkado set is line art type - but the texture meant some didn't stamp well, so I took a black pen and filled in the letters. 

I did do some more card making last week and during the weekend... one that I made for my NZ swap group... something really outside my comfort zone - the theme this month is Steampunk.  As soon as the recipient lets me know she has it, I can post it.   And one for an upcoming design team post that doubles as my son's birthday card... for his upcoming birthday on the 13th.   

 

 

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful baubles on your slimline Dawn and love the soft nativity scene..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Two stunning cards Dawn - I particularly like the second one
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Always great to use up some ephemera and those baubles are gorgeous, Dawn! Pretty Nativity too!!

Greta said...

Wow--these are both beautiful, Dawn! Love how you used the baubles & that manger scene card is wonderful!