Thursday 9 November 2023

Watercoloured Baubles.

 I've seen a couple of reels where crafters have inked or coloured up a jar lid, or other round object and then used water to spread it around.   I had a finished toilet roll so thought I'd try it.... well it turned out sort of okay... a bit amateurish but not too bad for a first go. 


 I used the toilet roll as a stamp and pounced it onto some Catherine Pooler purple ink and then used a paint brush and water to spread the colour.  I then used some iridescent spray and painted that over top for some glimmer.   I used some gold paint from my Jasart Metallic paints to add the tops and strings.  I stamped a sentiment from a freebie stamp set called Christmas Florals.   And a few gold sequins to finish.

I'm entering this into the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge  

I finished early today as I started early so a couple of Christmas cards for a Flickr swap.  So they'll be in the post soon and as soon as I hear that they have arrived, I'll share.  



3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such an artsy look for your baubles, Dawn - love this trio of purple goodness!!

Greta said...

Wow--your first attempt & they look beautiful! I would never even attempt it & especially not drawing on the tops & strings! I'm almost ready to mail my Flickr exchange cards--hope you'll like the one coming to you!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such pretty baubles Dawn - that is a great 'first attempt'.
Blessings
Maxine