Monday 13 November 2023

Steampunk Woman

 Our NZ swap group challenge this month was set by Maxine...Steampunk.  Way outside my comfort zone but did some Pinterest searching, found some Steampunk images - from Dreamy Paper Art on Etsy.  And did a bit of searching around my stash and found a metal clock face and some cogs. 


They images I purchased were in colour so I used Word on my computer to change the colour to Sepia.   I trimmed it onto some lightweight off white card and trimmed it.  Add Walnut stain ink around the edges.  The background is a 3 D embossing folder from Spellbinders called Creative Cogs.  Lots of Walnut Stain ink and gold ink. Found a metal clock face and some cogs in my stash.  Had them gifted to me about 10 years ago - glad to finally found a use for them.  Used Walnut Stain ink of some of the cogs and gold ink for some.  I found the sentiment on the internet and printed it on my computer.  Added the ink across it.   Used a little grey Prismacolor pencil for added details on the focal image.   Was really pleased with the results.  In fact I didn't want to sent it to my swap partner as I would have like to have kept it for display at home.   Might try more of this look in the future. 

Had a great Saturday with my Big Princess... lots of crafting and walked down to the beach where she spend time splashing in the shallows with her Poppa.   Boy was I tired by the end of the day!  



5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous steampunk card, Dawn! Love the image and how you arranged everything!! Oh, I envy you being able to walk on the beach & how fun to have your sweet granddaughter with you!!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Steampunk project Dawn, considering it was out of your comfort zone, you smashed it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Golden Crown said...

Radiant brilliance in your post! Insightful, well-articulated, and a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing your valuable perspective.

kiwimeskreations said...

You certainly 'nailed' the challenge Dawn, and this image is absolutely gorgeous. Love how you have mounted it aver all the texture and die cuts, and the clock face is the perfect final accent.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this steampunk fabulousness! Great card Dawn. Hugs, Wends xoxo