Thursday 7 December 2023

Another Poinsettia card.

 I love Poinsettias.  And have a number of different stamps and dies.  Today I saw the challenge at The Flower Challenge - is Gold and that got me thinking... and I came up with this quick and fun card. 

I used an Altenew set called Holiday Flowers.  I started by using a Pinkfresh Studio Folk Edger Rectangle die to cut my dark navy cardstock.  I then used Altenew Rose Gold Embossing Powder to emboss the floral image and the sentiment.   I coloured the image with metallic paints - gold for the leaves and soft pink for the flowers.  I then used the gold paint to add splatters to the background. 





5 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is just beautiful Dawn. Love the blue and gold combination. Really pretty. Anet

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the gold embossing on navy, Dawn - so elegant!!

Stef Perry said...

Gold embossing and metallic paints? Wow, you created one stunning card, Dawn! It's especially striking on the dark navy background. Just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow - this is pretty. Like how it pops on the navy. Thanks for playing over at The Flower challenge.

Greta said...

Beautiful contrast for this elegant card!