Monday 19 February 2024

Altenew February Inspiration Challenge.

 I got some new Altenew goodies last Friday - just before I was heading away for the week.  I started doing some stenciling before we left and finished it off yesterday. 

I saw this month's Inspiration Challenge on the Altenew blog and thought the colours I chose fitted the challenge 


The set I got was the Dreamy Daylilies embossing folder, stencils and die set.   For my card I used just the folder and the stencils. 


I started by embossing the white card and using the stencil I added purples on the tips of the leaves and some darker yellow/orange in the centres and the stamen.  I used the darkest of the yellow/oranges and my smallest ball on my stylus to add the dots on my lilies.  My sentiment is from Sentiment Strips 3 and was black embossed and die cut with Featured Sentiments Die set.  I finished with some metallic gold pearls.  

As this is the first use of this folder and stencil set I am also adding to the NBUS challenge.




Really happy how this turned out.  


.

6 comments:

Jill R said...

I can't get over how beautiful this is!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful daylilies, Dawn - just love the shading you did on the embossing!!

Darnell said...

I'd be doing-cartwheels-happy if I created this stunning work of art, Dawn! You literally should frame it and wow, that was serendipitous about the challenge! It's a winner! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

I love using the stencils with that embossing folder. So great to see the different looks depending on the colors used. Your card is beautiful!

Nancy said...

This is just outstanding!