Thursday 28 March 2024

Bold Debossing -two cards

 I've been seeing lots of bold debossed background techniques popping up on blogs, Facebook and Instagram... and you tube.   This week I saw a video from Natasha Foote and today I watched a FB Live from Therese Calvrid - and over the last couple of weeks I tried it myself.

Both my samples used 3D embossing folders from Altenew

First up - using the Dreamy Daylilies 

I embossed white card and then flipped it over and used yellow and green inks to colour the debossed flowers and leaves.   Next  took black ink and swipe the pad across the card.  The black ink hits the higher areas.  The die cut sentiments are from Altenew Versatile Greetings die set. 

Second card is done exactly the same way - using Altenew Decorative Florals embossing folder 



This time I used some Distress Oxide Ink - Chipped Sapphire ink for the background and Altenew Fresh Dye inks for the debossed areas.  Used the same Versatile Greetings die set for the Hello and the sub-sentiment from Sweetest Pea stamp set.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter.  

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous debossed cards, Dawn! Love the bold black and the blue is so pretty too!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohh Dawn, these are stunning!! I really love the one with the blue background - that really appeals to me.
May your Easter be blessed
Maxine

Greta said...

I've been wanting to do the black out technique, but haven't tried it yet. Your cards turned out great!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Striking and fabulous designs! I must give this idea a try, it looks stunning! So clever. Hugs, Wends xoxo

creationsnz said...

Oh WOW! Dawn, what an amazing effect. I especially like the black with the yellow. Absolutely stunning. CarolG