Thursday 27 June 2024

Woodblock Wednesday - June edition

 It's that time of the month again... time for Amy Tsuruta's monthly Woodblock Wednesday challenge.


I love pulling out my old woodblock stamps and making a card.  This month I pulled out two Penny Black stamps and one from a NZ company called Rubbadubbadoo (it is no longer in business)

I started with a panel of white card and using some Altenew Permanent Mist Gray ink, stamped the scripty stamp from Rubbadubbadoo.  It is very subtle in the background corners.  Next I stamped the Penny Black stamp (Day Dream circa 2009) with black ink and clear embossed it.  I then used Altenew inks - Pink Crystal, Mauve and Berryliscious and Olive for the leaves.  The sentiment from Penny Black (...your heart circa 2003) was stamped with black ink.  I used the same pink inks to blend around the edges of the panel.  I added it to a pink card that is the same size of my base.  

I had fun making this one.  Thanks for stopping by 

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Dawn, this is so pretty, love the mix of stamps. Such a wonderful sentiment too!
Thanks so much for joining the June Woodblock Wednesday!

Lin said...

Love these dainty flowers and what a great sentiment!

Chrissy said...

What a lovely text stamp Dawn, love the floral and pink, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the script behind your sweet flowers, Dawn! Well done using some classic woodblocks!!