Friday 28 June 2024

Craft Roulette #220

 Watched the replay of Craft Roulette#220 on Saturday afternoon but nothing came to my mind for the parameters... 


Finally on Monday after work I had an idea and off I went.   Finished the card only to realise I had missed the deadline... so decided to become a member of Craft Roulette which gives me a few more days to enter.  

Here's what I came up with


I started by making my background.   I used some kraft card and a stencil - a map of London.  I used some brown inks.  I then embossed it with a We Are Memory Keepers basket weave embossing folder.   That ticked of chart (map of where the balloons are going) and the basket element.  The hot air balloons are coloured in dragon colours... greens and reds and brown on the background.   And the Dude parameter is covered as this is a card for a male friend. 

The balloons and the sentiment are both from a great freebie set that came with a magazine a few years ago.  It's my go to set for masculine cards.  I distressed the edges and corners of the map to give it some character.    Definitely not my usual type of card but had fun making it.   

Today is a public holiday here in New Zealand.   Celebrating Matariki - the Māori New Year.  I had a lovely day - the weather was really nice - did my grocery shopping and then took myself off to the Mall as I need new slippers and got a few other little bits and pieces.  Then into the craft room for a couple of hours of play time.  Ended the evening by watching a great NZ movie called Hunt for the Wilderpeople.  I think this was about 4 or 5th time I've watched this one.  It's really a fun movie.   Now time to head to bed with my book! 

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I heard Mary announce you as a new member during CR221, Dawn - yay!! I try not to use the extra time but it helps! Love your hot air balloons - so fun!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A great masculine card Dawn, and I love how you incorporated the 'dragon' element, and also the chart requirement - very subtle on both!!
Blessings
Maxine